ABSENTEE BALLOTS: Applications for an Absentee Ballot are available from the District Clerk or can be downloaded from the following link: Absentee Ballot Application
May 13th: Deadline for obtaining an absentee ballot application if ballot is to be MAILED
May 19th: Deadline for obtaining an absentee ballot application if ballot is to be picked up in PERSON
May 20th: Deadline for accepting absentee ballots by 5pm at polling place (JSHS).
BUDGET HEARING: May 8th, 7 p.m., Room 203, JSHS. This will be an opportunity for the community to meet the candidate(s) running for one available board seat. Additionally, the community will be presented with current budget information that will outline the budget that was adopted by the Board of Education.
BUDGET VOTE: May 20th, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Room 203, JSHS when the polls will be open for the following purpose:
(1) To elect one (1) member to the Board of Education for a 5-year term (7/1/14 - 6/30/19). Vacancy: C. Bliefernich
(2) To vote upon the adoption of the Budget of the School District for the 2014-2015 fiscal year and to authorize the requisite portion thereof to be raised by taxation on the taxable property of the School District.
VOTER REGISTRATION: If a voter has registered to vote with the School District and has voted at an annual or special school district meeting within the last four calendar years, he/she is eligible to vote at this election and budget vote. If an eligible voter is currently registered to vote with the Sullivan or Orange County Board of Elections and is a district resident, he/she is eligible to vote at this election and budget vote. All other persons who wish to vote must register with the Sullivan or Orange County's Board of Elections or may register at the school district office. Last day to register for this election and budget vote is May 15, 2014.
VOTER QUALIFICATIONS: All of the voters at school meetings must have all of the following three qualifications:
(1) A citizen of the United States;
(2) At least eighteen (18) years of age;
(3) A resident of the district for a period of at least thirty (30) days prior to the meeting at which he/she offers to vote. Note: It has been ruled that a person to satisfy the above requirements for voting must be a legal resident of the school district. Non-resident property owners are not eligible for voting. The term "residence" shall be deemed to mean that place where a person maintains a fixed, permanent and principal home and to which he/she wherever temporarily located, always intends to return. A person may have only one legal residence or domicile, and that is the place where such person intends to have his or her permanent residence or home.
Please direct all budget and tax cap questions to Ms. Gross 845-456-1100 x 5170.
Last Modified on April 10, 2014